BEVERLY, Mass. – The first-seeded Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated fourth-seeded Salve Regina, 20-3, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinals on Tuesday night at Hempstead Stadium.
Endicott outscored Salve Regina 12-2 in the first half and was never challenged the rest of the way.
Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) paced the Gulls with eight goals, including her 100th career tally at the 22:28 mark of the first half, and one assist for nine points total. Meanwhile, Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) tallied four markers and Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) registered a hat-trick to highlight the scoring.
Endicott goalkeeper Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) also made 10 saves to improve to 13-2 overall on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 26-1 in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have not lost to Salve Regina in the last two decades.
FOR THE FOES
- Maddie Villareal (Portsmouth, R.I.) guided Salve Regina with two tallies.
- Katie Kline (Brookfield, Conn.) scored the only other goal for the Seahawks.
- Christina Myers (River Edge, N.J.) had eight saves in the loss (7-8).
No. 1 Endicott (13-3) will host No. 2 Roger Williams in a repeat of last year's CCC Championship on Friday night at 7 PM. Salve Regina sees its 2018 season come to a close at 7-10 overall.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)