BABSON PARK, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team traveled to Babson College on Saturday afternoon and came away with a 10-8 victory.
The first half was tightly contested with both teams trading goals in the first 19 minutes of play but the Gulls were able to gain the advantage and take a 5-4 lead heading into halftime.
Leading Endicott offensively in the opening half was Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) with two goals, while Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), and Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.) each found the back of the net once.
Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.) opened the second half with a quick tally to give the Gulls a two-goal lead, however, Babson's Juliana McGuire (Sparta, N.J.) responded with her second goal of the game to cut that lead back down to one.
Aleah MacKay (Bedford, N.H.) and Lacroix added goals at 18:33 and 16:45 respectively to stretch the Endicott advantage to 8-5 before the Beavers saw two tallies from Georgia Salvatore (Westwood, Mass.) and one from McGuire to tie the game at 8-8 with less than 15 minutes remaining in regulation.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 1-1 on the season with 15 saves in net.
- Cricket Fligor (Weston, Mass.) made six stops for the Beavers during the loss.
- Eight different Gulls found the back of the net during the win, with Lacroix scoring a team-leading three goals.
- Earning assists for Endicott were Maya Feigenbaum (West Haven, Conn.), Katie Wagner (Brewster, N.Y.), Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.), Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.), M. Berger, and Lacroix.
- Samantha Jones (Franklin, Mass.) picked up a team-high four ground balls, while Talia Dellatto (Andover, Mass.) and Molly McMahon (Hanover, Mass.) each had three.
- Salvatore led the way for Babson with four goals, while McGuire was close behind with three.
Endicott (1-1) welcomes Wheaton (Mass.) to Hempstead Stadium on Monday, March 11 at 4 PM. Babson (2-2) hosts Wesleyan at 2 PM on Sunday, March 17.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)