BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team fell, 14-12, to Wheaton (Mass.) at Hempstead Stadium on Monday afternoon in its home opener.
Wheaton took a 10-6 lead in the first 30 minutes of play, highlighted by four goals from Kyra Schwartzman (Kennebunk, Maine).
The Lyons opened the second half with a tally from Schwartzman before the Gulls went on a 5-0 run to tie the game at 11-11 with 13:25 remaining in regulation.
However, Wheaton responded with three goals to stretch its advantage back out to 14-11. As time wound down, Endicott's Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) found the back of the net to bring the game within two but the Lyons held on to secure the 14-12 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) shifted to 1-2 on the season with five saves in the first half. Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) finished out the second half and made four saves.
- Jena Casman (Woodbridge, Conn.) improved to 2-2 with 13 stops.
- Leading the Gulls offensively was Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) with five goals and two assists.
- Allie Lawlor (York, Maine) and Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.) each had five draw controls, while Samantha Jones (Franklin, Mass.) recorded a team-high four ground balls.
- The Gulls held a 23-5 advantage on draw controls throughout the contest.
Endicott (1-2) hosts MIT at 4 PM on Wednesday, March 13. Wheaton (2-2) travels to Framingham State on Wednesday, March 13 at 6 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)