BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated MIT, 15-8, on Wednesday afternoon at Hempstead Stadium.
The Gulls continued to pressure offensively which gave them a 9-4 lead at the half.
MIT bounced back in the second half with four goals to cut the deficit to 9-8 but Endicott responded well with six unanswered tallies to secure the 15-8 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) improved to 2-2 on the season with seven saves in net.
- Kiely Smiga-McManus (Etna, N.H.) dropped to 0-1 overall and recorded nine saves for the Engineers.
- Also scoring for the Gulls during the contest were Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.), and Katie Wagner (Brewster, N.Y.).
- Healy, Lantieri, Prisco, Wagner, Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.), Nicole Anselmo (Natick, Mass.), Molly McMahon (Hanover, Mass.), Ali Campbell (York, Maine), Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.), and Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.) were all credited with assists for Endicott.
- Leading MIT offensively was Eva Then (Yarmouth, Maine) with four goals.
- Samantha Jones (Franklin, Mass.) led the team in ground balls (6) and caused turnovers (4).
- The Gulls held a 16-9 advantage on draw controls throughout the contest.
Endicott (2-2) travels to Clearwater, Fla. for a 10:30 AM contest against Southern Maine on Sunday, March 17. MIT (1-3) hosts Williams on Wednesday, March 20 at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)