CLEARWATER, Fla. - The Endicott women's lacrosse team finished out its spring break trip with a 13-10 victory over Springfield on Tuesday afternoon.
Springfield jumped out to an early 3-0 lead before the Gulls responded with a tally from Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.) to cut the deficit to 3-1. By the time the first half concluded, the Pride held a slight 5-3 advantage.
Both teams continued to battle offensively in the second half with several lead changes and tie, but ultimately the Gulls pulled ahead, 9-8, with 16:03 remaining to be played and never let go of the lead. Endicott went on to secure the 13-10 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) recorded seven saves to improve to 4-2 overall in net.
- Leading the Gulls offensively were Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Healy with three goals each. Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) and Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) added two goals apiece, while Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.), Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), and Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.) each found the back of the net once.
- Campbell also added a team-high four assists.
- Katie Sarnacki (Granby, Mass.) led the Pride with five goals throughout the contest.
- Samantha Jones (Franklin, Mass.) recorded four groundballs and three caused turnovers for the Gulls.
Endicott (4-2) hosts Curry at 12 PM on Saturday, March 23. Springfield (3-4) travels to MIT on Saturday, March 23 for a 12 PM contest..
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)