WENHAM, Mass. — The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated Gordon College, 19-5, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action on Saturday afternoon.
The Gulls took the lead early and never looked back as they outscored the Fighting Scots, 14-1, in the first half of play.
Gordon came out in the second half with three early goals to cut the deficit to 14-4 but Endicott responded with tallies from Katie Wagner (Brewster, N.Y.), Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.), Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Aleah MacKay (Bedford, N.H.) to stretch the lead back up to 18-4.
Olivia McCarrick (Glen Burnie, Md.) found the back of the net for the Fighting Scots at the 3:48 mark before Mia Pulisciano (Cheshire, Conn.) netted her first collegiate goal to give the Gulls the 19-5 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) improved to 1-0 on the season with three saves. Annie Alofsin (Wakefield, R.I.) came in for the last 8:24 of the game and made one save.
- Annabel Christenson (Scituate, Mass.) shifted to 1-8 on the season with three saves in the first half. Rebecca Resnick (Monroe, Conn.) finished out the game in net for Gordon and recorded two saves.
- Also finding the back of the net for the Gulls throughout the contest were Maggie Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.), Abigail Berger (Old Lyme, Conn.), Nicole Anselmo (Natick, Mass.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), and Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.).
- For the Fighting Scots, Katelyn Dyer (Plainfield, N.J.) and McCarrick each had two goals, while Greta Moore (Wheaton, Ill.) tallied one.
- Samantha Jones (Franklin, Mass.) led the team in caused turnovers with three.
- Anselmo picked up a team-high seven draw controls.
- The Gulls were 3-for-4 on free position shots.
Endicott (7-3, 3-0 CCC) travels to Colby College for a 7 PM nonconference matchup on Tuesday, April 2. Gordon (2-8, 1-2 CCC) travels to Roger Williams on Tuesday, April 2 at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)