BOSTON, Mass. — The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated Wentworth, 21-3, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play on Saturday afternoon at Sweeney Field.
The Gulls jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they scored 11 unanswered goals in the first 20 minutes of play.
Wentworth eventually got on the board with a tally from Brooke Paradis (Pelham, N.H.) with 7:26 remaining in the first half to make the score 11-1.
Endicott went into halftime with a 13-2 lead.
In the second half, the Gulls continued to dominate offensively as they added eight goals to Wentworth's one in order to secure the convincing 21-3 victory.
Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) and Morgan Pike (Shapleigh, Maine) paced Endicott with three goals each, while Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.), and Nicole Anselmo (Natick, Mass.) all added two goals each.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) got the start in net for the Gulls and shifted to 7-4 on the season with two saves in the first half.
- Alexandra Rose (East Lyme, Conn.) came in for the second half and made four saves.
- For Wentworth, Lily Kuhns (Gloucester, Mass.) shifted to 6-4 on the season with 11 stops.
- Also scoring for the Gulls during today's contest were Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.), Mollie Manning (Hull, Mass.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Mia Pulisciano (Cheshire, Conn.), Alex Fitzgerald (Guilford, Conn.), Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.), Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.), Tori Hurley (Glastonbury, Conn.), and Katie Wagner (Brewster, N.Y.).
- Endicott held a 28-16 draw control advantage and Feigenbaum won a team-high four draw controls.
- The Gulls lead the all-time series with Wentworth, 7-0.
- Emily Rogers (Pembroke, Mass.) and Sarah Galan (Colchester, Conn.) also notched goals for the Leopards.
Endicott (8-4, 4-0 CCC) hosts Nichols on Wednesday, April 10 for a 4 PM contest. Wentworth (7-4- 1-4 CCC) welcomes Salem State for a 7 PM game on Wednesday, April 10.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)