BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated Roger Williams, 15-4, in conference action on Saturday afternoon at Hempstead Stadium.
Prior to the contest, seniors Jaime Balboni (Billerica, Mass.), Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.), Talia Dellatto (Andover, Mass.), Erin Gill (Winchester, Mass.), Jackie Healy (Northborough, Mass.), Aleah MacKay (Bedford, N.H.), Molly McMahon (Hanover, Mass.), and Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) were all honored for their contributions towards the women's lacrosse program and the Endicott community.
Meanwhile, as for the game, Endicott's defense set the tone early in the matchup after the Gulls' offense turned the ball over on the first possession of the contest. Despite the quick turnover, Endicott's defense buckled down and forced Roger Williams into an easy shot with 10-seconds remaining on the shot clock after fending off multiple threats from the Hawks.
From there, Endicott rattled off five straight goals and never looked back.
Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.) paced the Gulls with six goals, while Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.), Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.), and MacKay each had two tallies. Allie Lawlor (York, Maine), Katie Wagner (Brewster, N.Y.), and Healy each found the back of the net once.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Rino recorded nine saves and improved to 10-5 on the season.
- Lydia Nelson (Center Moriches, N.Y.) got the start in net for the Hawks and made six saves. Hannah Goodwin (Bradford, Mass.) also saw time and recorded one save.
- MacKay dished out a team-high three assists.
- The Gulls went 3-5 on free position shots.
- Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.) won a team-high five draw controls.
- Leading the Hawks offensively was Isabella Blessington (Harpswell, Maine) with two goals, while Emily Stoeppel (Brookfield, Conn.) and Delana Erickson (Concord, N.H.) each scored once.
Endicott (11-5, 7-0 CCC) finishes out the regular season with a 4 PM game at UNE on Wednesday, April 24. Roger Williams (10-5, 6-1 CCC) hosts Nichols on Wednesday, April 24 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)