BEVERLY, Mass. – The first-seeded Endicott women's lacrosse team defeated fifth-seeded Western New England, 19-3, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinals on Tuesday night at Hempstead Stadium.
Endicott's offense also featured two-goal games from Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.), Meghan Dutchyshyn (Cheshire, Conn.) and Maya Feigenbaum (West Hartford, Conn.) and solo tallies via Julia Lantieri (Glastonbury, Conn.), Nicole Anselmo (Natick, Mass.), and Molly McMahon (Hanover, Mass.).
The Gulls raced out to a 9-0 lead in the opening 23:45 of action and were never threatened the rest of the way.
Goalie Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) also made it difficult on the Golden Bears' attack as the senior came away with ten saves, including six in the first half alone.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott improved to 19-6 all-time against Western New England.
- The Gulls are 11-2 at home in the all-time series versus the Golden Bears (based upon available data).
- Gabriella Prisco (West Haven, Conn.) led the way for the Gulls in both ground balls (5) and caused turnovers (4).
- Endicott held a 19-4 draw control advantage and Feigenbaum picked up a team-high seven.
- Kaitlyn Marchant (Londonderry, N.H.) recorded 15 saves for the Golden Bears.
No. 1 Endicott (13-5) will host No. 2 Roger Williams in the CCC Championship on Friday, May 3 at 6 PM. Meanwhile, Western New England sees its 2019 season come to a close at 10-9 overall.
(Photo Credit - Lindsay Dieterich '20)