BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's soccer team will take to the pitch in search of the program's 10th Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) title in program history, after falling to Gordon in overtime of the CCC Semifinals in 2017.
During the 2017 season, the Gulls recorded an overall record of 13-5-2 and an 8-0-1 mark in conference play.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott enters the 2018 season as favorites to take the CCC title in the CCC preseason poll for the first time since 2014.
- The Gulls will be led on the field by seniors Sharlotte Pernice (West Springfield, Mass.) and Mary Verneris (Hamden, Conn.). Both garnered All-CCC and All-Region recognition following their performances in 2017.
- Verneris sits alone atop Endicott's all-time made PK's with six heading into her senior campaign.
- Pernice, who begins the season with 21 goals, is five goals shy of cracking Endicott's top-10 for career goals.
- Endicott will take on two programs that made 2017 NCAA DIII Tournament appearances in Roger Williams and Castleton State.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- Union (8/31, 3 PM)
- Springfield (9/8, 1 PM)
- Wheaton (9/19, 7 PM)
- Roger Williams (10/5, 4 PM)
- at Gordon (10/9, 3 PM)
The Gulls start the 2018 season on Friday, August 31 when they play host to Union at 3 PM at Hempstead Stadium.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)