BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's soccer team will open up its 2019 season this Friday at home when the Gulls host national power Ithaca at 4:00 PM. Here's a preview of the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- If history tells us anything, get ready for some extra time soccer in 2019! The Gulls went to overtime seven times in 2018, with seven of those contests advancing to a second overtime period. Endicott was undefeated in those contests, finishing 3-0-5 in the eight matches.
- Head Coach Jodi Kenyon enters her 15th year at the helm of the program. During her tenure, the women have won at a .705 clip overall after posting a record of 107-74-29, while they have dominated Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) competition at an even higher clip, going 122-19-6 for a win percentage of .850.
- Junior Kadrianna Letts (Beverly, Mass.) earned CCC Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2018, becoming just the second student-athlete in program history to earn the honor. The only other recipient was Caitlin Peters '13, who earned the honor in 2011 and 2012.
- Over the last five seasons, Endicott is 35-12-7 when playing on Hempstead Stadium, for a win percentage of .713.
- The women return four of their five top point scorers from the 2018 season. Those four women combined to score 39 points on the season, with three of the four scoring 10 points or more.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- Ithaca - receiving votes (9/1)
- Babson (9/24)
- Gordon (9/29)
- Wentworth (10/19)
- Western New England (10/23)
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)