BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's soccer team defeated Wentworth, 6-0, on Saturday evening in conference action at Hempstead Stadium.
Catherine Elkas (Holden, Mass.) and Jillian Presser (Trumbull, Conn.) both paced the Gulls with two goals apiece, while Larissa Cade (Middlefield, Conn) and Christina Bacon (Lincoln, R.I.) also found the back of the net in the win.
Presser (19:16), Cade (27:35), and Elkas (28:54) all buried tallies in the first half and then Elkas got the offense going again in the second stanza at 63:11. Meanwhile, later on, in the second half, Presser and Bacon followed with goals at 68:58 and 84:37, respectively, to cap the scoring outburst.
In goal, Kayla Wentworth (Taunton, Mass.) stopped two shots to push her record to 9-4-1 (fourth shutout).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott's six goals are a season-high.
- The Gulls are 22-6-1 all-time against Wentworth.
- Endicott has won its last three matches versus the Leopards by a combined score of 9-1 (two shutouts).
- The Gulls improved to 7-1-0 at home this season with today's victory.
- Elkas also added two assists in the contest for a total of six points.
- Today's two-goal game was the first of her career.
- Elkas' six points are a career-high.
- Presser recorded her first career multi-goal game.
Endicott (9-6-1, 4-1-1 CCC) hosts Western New England on Saturday, October 19 at 4 PM. Wentworth (5-10-1, 1-3-1 CCC) welcomes the University of New England to its campus next Wednesday at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)