BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's tennis team begins its 2018 season on Monday, September 3 against Bridgewater State University, on the road, at 12 PM. Here's what to look forward to for the upcoming season.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls will look to bookend this season with a Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) championship for its class of eight seniors that won their first league title back in 2015-16. The list of eight seniors includes Margot Andreasen (Portland, Maine), Alexandra Barmore (Southington, Conn.), Hayley Barnett (Marlboro, N.J.), Bridget Cott (Wilton, Conn), Reilly Fitzgibbons (Killingworth, Conn.), Gillian Freter (Scituate, Mass.), Alexi Losano (Saugus, Mass.), and Lauren Rahr (Waterford, Conn.).
- Endicott's eight seniors have led the program to a 36-15 overall record (.706) and a 22-2 conference mark (.917) since joining the squad in 2015-16.
- Freter ranks eighth all-time in program history for most singles wins entering this fall. Freter, who is 35-11 (.761) in her career, needs five wins this season to become the seventh student-athlete in program history to reach the 40-win plateau.
- Fitzgibbons (33), Barnett (32), and Rahr (29) all rank inside the top-15 all-time for most doubles wins in a career.
- Endicott's lineup features five seniors with 15-plus career wins in singles play (Barnett, 25 | Fitzgibbons, 23 | Freter, 35 | Rahr, 21 | Losano, 17).
- Johnson & Wales (Saturday, September 8, 1 PM, home)
- Western New England (Saturday, September 15, Senior Day, 1 PM, home)
- Roger Williams (Saturday, September 22, 12 PM, home)
- Gordon (Wednesday, September 26, 4 PM, road)
- Nichols (Tuesday, October 2, 3:30 PM, home)
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)