BEVERLY, Mass. – The second-seeded Endicott women's tennis team (12-1) will travel to first-seeded Nichols College (12-0) on Saturday to play in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship at 1 PM. Here's a preview of Saturday's title bout.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nichols enters Saturday's matchup as the two-time defending conference champion.
- Saturday's matchup will mark the third straight meeting in the CCC Championship between the two squads and seventh overall since 2011.
- From 2011-2014, Endicott defeated Nichols in the CCC Championship each year (2011, W 5-3 | 2012-14, W 5-1).
- Endicott also won the CCC Championship in 2015 over Roger Williams (5-3) before Nichols snapped the Gulls' streak of five straight championships with back-to-back wins the last two years (5-0, 5-1).
- Nichols is 5-0 against Endicott in the last five meetings between the two programs (includes postseason).
The winner of Saturday's matchup will earn the conference's automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament, which will be played in the spring.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)