BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's track and field team will open up its 2019 season tomorrow at the Snowflake Classic, hosted by Tufts University, at 10 AM. Here's what you need to know about the season.
"We are very excited to get started with the outdoor season at Tufts on Saturday. This team has been working very hard throughout their training and the development of this young program over the past year," said Endicott women's track and field head coach Spencer Lange. "They have come a long way since this time last year so it will be interesting to see this season come together through competition. It's a short window during the outdoor season before the conference and regional championships so we hope to have a strong start this weekend!"
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls' roster features 36 student-athletes from nine different states.
- Fourteen student-athletes on the roster are freshmen.
- Endicott returns three Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) All-Conference student-athletes to the fold in 2019 including Amelia Castelli (Scituate, R.I.), Olivia Folkes (Amston, Conn.), and Amanda Recupero (Ipswich, Mass.).
- Last season, the Gulls sported eight CCC Academic All-Conference honorees. Those student-athletes were Hannah Buckley (Milford, Conn.), Julie Champigny (Acton, Mass.), Abigail Keim (Williston, Vt.), Aleah MacKay (Bedford, N.H.), Sarah Matys (Holden, Mass.), Laura Pomeroy (Windham, N.H.), Sierra Villemaire (Richmond, Vt.), and Brooke Waites (Niantic, Conn.).
- The CCC Championship will be hosted by Roger Williams on Saturday, April 27.
After Endicott competes at the Snowflake Classic this Saturday, the Gulls will return to action at the Regis College Spring Classic on Friday, April 5 at 2:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)