BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team defeated Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) foe Salve Regina 3-1 on Saturday as part of Endicott's Homecoming & Family Weekend. With the win, the Gulls improve to 9-5 (2-0 CCC) while the Seahawks fall to 8-5 (0-2 CCC) on the season.
The Gulls fell in the first 25-22 as Salve's offense came out on fire, hitting an impressive .294 after a 13-3-34 line. The Gulls would then regroup and claim a tight second, 25-23 before taking an emphatic 2-1 lead after a 25-14 score in the third. The Gulls would then use 16 kills in the fourth to take the set 25-20 to remain unbeaten in conference play.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Senior outside Tori McIntyre (San Diego, Calif.) posted her 31st career double-double with 17 kills and 14 digs. McIntyre hit .288 for the match by posting a 17-2-52 line while also notching a team-best two aces.
- Setters Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.) and Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) both posted double-double performances in the win. Clotfelter logged 21 assist and 10 digs while Gifford posted a line of 22 assists and 11 digs.
- Libero Erika Trudon (Coventry, Conn.) picked up 17 digs in her second match back, averaging 4.25 digs per set.
- Endicott held a 55-42 advantage in kills for the match while also out-blocking the visitors 9-8.
- With the win, Endicott is now 17-4 all-time against Salve Regina. The Gulls have now claimed the last two meetings by 3-1 scores after Endicott claimed their 15th win in the series in Newport, R.I. last season.
FOR THE FOES
- Cassidy Trablicy (Phoenix, Ariz.) paced the visitors with 12 kills and 11 digs for her sixth double-double of the season.
- Libero Megan Parham (Tulsa, Okla.) was outstanding in the contest, posting a career-best 32 dig effort in the setback to go along with one assist and one ace.
- Setter Samantha Salwa (Ellington, Conn.) recorded a match-best 40 assists to go along with 10 digs and one ace.
The Gulls (9-5, 2-0 CCC) will travel to Quincy, Mass. to square off against Eastern Nazarene on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. in CCC action. Salve Regina (8-5, 0-2 CCC) remains on the road, traveling to Boston, Mass. to take on Wentworth on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.