WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to Colby 3-1 and Williams 3-0 in non-conference play on Saturday. The losses snapped a three match win streak for the Gulls who now host Curry on Wednesday in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
MATCH ONE: Colby 3 Endicott 1 (25-20, 12-25, 25-19, 25-18)
The Gulls started the day by falling to the Mules of Colby College 3-1. Endicott and Colby both collected 12 kills in the first set with Colby committing less errors to edge out the Gulls 25-20. Endicott then used a dominant defensive effort, holding the Mules to just five kills and 10 errors to win 25-12 and even the match at a set a piece.
The Mules then claimed the next two by scores of 25-19 and 25-18 by hitting over .300 in each to take the match 3-1. With the loss, Endicott falls to 5-3 all-time against Colby, as the Gulls have now dropped the last two decisions in the series.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) led all players with 15 kills as she hit .353 for the match (15-3-34). The Washington native also chipped in seven digs in the setback.
- Senior Tori McIntyre (San Diego, Calif.) recorded a double-double, recording 11 kills and 16 digs in the match.
- Libero Erika Trudon (Coventry, Conn.) picked up a team-best 21 digs while setter Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.) collected a match-high 27 assists.
- Rasa Hamel (Clinton, Conn.) hit a team-best .455 in the match, registering six kills on 11 swings.
FOR THE FOES
- Colby libero Erin Maldman (Ventura, Calif.) recorded 30 digs in the four set victory to lead all players.
- Outside Elizabeth Noyes (Nashua, N.H.) posted a 10-1-30 (.300) line for the match as she notched a double-double, also picking up 10 digs.
- Paige Hanssen (Earlyville, Va.) led the Mules with 12 kills while setter Mae Sefransky (Mystic, Conn.) posted a team-best 23 assists.
MATCH TWO: Williams 3 Endicott 0 (25-17, 25-17, 25-16)
The Gulls fell to the Ephs of Williams 3-0 on Saturday to fall to 10-7 (3-0 CCC) on the season. Williams was able to ride a steady offensive attack that hit at a .252 clip (42-14-111) for the match while limiting Endicott to a .160 clip (29-13-100).
BEYOND THE BOX
- The Gulls were led offensively by freshman Alex Dippel (St. Petersburg, Russia) who tallied nine kills (9-2-23) and three digs in the setback.
- Middles Emily Diezemann (Peabody, Mass.) and Erica Hadad (Salem, N.H.) combined to hit .357 in the match (5-0-14) as the two middles were error-free.
- Setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) filled the stat sheet with 10 assists, nine digs and three kills.
- Endicott fell to 0-10 all-time against Williams after falling 3-0 on Saturday.
FOR THE FOES
- Former AVCA First Team All-American Tori Jasuta (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) was dominant, posting 18 kills on 30 attempts to hit an even .500 (18-3-30) while also grabbing 18 digs to go with four aces.
- Setter Alex Newton (Manhattan Beach, Calif.) led all players with 35 assists to go with two digs and two kills.
- Roxi Corbeil (Oceanside, Calif.) also hit .500 in the match, posting a 9-1-16 line.
Endicott returns to action on Wednesday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. as they get back to CCC play, hosting the Colonels of Curry. The Gulls also have a busy weekend ahead as they travel back to western Mass. to compete in the Springfield Invitational against Bard, Springfield, Westfield St. and Amherst.