BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team earned a 3-0 victory over Curry College on Wednesday night by scores of 25-14, 25-23, and 25-21 to remain unbeaten in conference play.
Endicott's lineup featured seven student-athletes with three kills or more thanks in large part to the setting of Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.) and Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.), who both had 17 and 15 assists, respectively.
Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) guided the attack with nine kills on 19 swings (.368), while Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) followed with six kills. Tori McIntyre (San Diego, Calif.) rounded out the list of highlights on offense for the Gulls with five kills total.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Erika Trudon (Coventry, Conn.) posted a team-high 16 digs to lead the charge on the back row.
- Trudon has notched 10 or more digs in seven matches this season.
- Endicott is 6-0 against Curry in the all-time series, which dates back to 2011.
- The Gulls have not dropped a set versus the Colonels in the six meetings between the two squads.
- Endicott notched double-digit service aces (12) for the seventh time this season in tonight's win.
FOR THE FOES
- Courtney Carroll (Fairhaven, Mass.) shined defensively for the Colonels with a match-high 21 digs.
- Carroll has registered 10 or more digs in 13-straight matches.
- Grace Stafford (West Yarmouth, Mass.) paced the visitors with a 12 kills.
- Alyssa Keeney (Coventry, Conn.) ran the attack on 24 assists.
- Nicole Rice (Woburn, Mass.) also added six kills on nine swings for a .556 hitting percentage in the loss.
Endicott (11-7, 4-0 CCC) will compete in the two-day Tom Hay Invitational this weekend (Oct. 7-8) against Bard (10/7), Springfield (10/7), Westfield State (10/8), and Amherst (10/8).
Curry (6-9, 0-4 CCC) hosts Bridgewater State University on Tuesday, October 11 at 6 p.m.