BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to visiting Wesleyan on Friday night 3-1 in Wellesley Invitational action in the MacDonald Gymnasium.
After taking the first set by a 25-21 score on senior night, the Gulls would see the Cardinals come back to rattle off three straight set wins to claim the victory. The visitors claimed the second set 25-22, the third by a score of 25-16, and finished with a 25-18 win in the fourth.
The match also served as Endicott's senior night as the Gulls celebrated the careers of five student-athletes in Jayla Brennen (Litchfield, N.H.), Dana Ferraro (Brookfield, Conn.), Rasa Hamel (Clinton, Conn.), Tori McIntyre (San Diego, Calif.), and Erika Trudon (Coventry, Conn.).
BEYOND THE BOX
- Endicott's offense hit at a match high .308 in the first set as the senior laden group combined for 17 kills on 39 swings. Neither team would hit above .250 for the rest of the match.
- Junior Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) recorded a team-best nine kills on the night.
- Senior Tori McIntyre was right behind, finishing with eight kills and eight digs, while fellow senior Erika Trudon led the defensive efforts with 18 digs in the setback. Dana Ferraro finished her evening with six kills and three digs while middle Rasa Hamel chipped in three kills and two assist blocks.
- Setters Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.) and Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) combined for 34 assists and 21 digs, with each setter registering a double-double. Clotfelter finished the night with 20 assists and 10 digs while Gifford finished with 14 assists and 11 digs to add to her match-high five aces.
- Freshman outside Alex Dippel (Fallston, Md.) finished with six kills on 11 swings as she hit a team-best .364.
FOR THE FOES
- Libero Olivia Guidotti (Orinda, Calif.) finsihed with a match-high 20 digs in the win as she also chipped in two aces and two assists.
- Stasie Litinsky (Evanston, Ill.) led the Cardinals' attack with 11 kills on 22 swings as the freshman hit .318 for the match.
- Middle Nicole Hilton (Wantagh, N.Y.) hit a match-high .353 after notching eight kills on 17 swings to go with three assist blocks.
- Setters Kelsey Tam (Basking Ridge, N.J.) and Kaira Muraoka-Roberston (Los Angeles, Calif.) combined for 37 assists on the night as Muraoka-Robertson finished with 21.
Both teams travel to Wellesley, Mass. tomorrow to finish off the Wellesley Invitational. Endicott will take on the hosts at 9:00 a.m. before squaring off against Ithaca at 11:00 a.m. Wesleyan takes on Ithaca at 9:00 a.m. and Wellesley at 11:00 a.m.