WENHAM, Mass. - The Endicott women's volleyball team swept cross-town rival Gordon in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action on Wednesday night to improve to 11-6 (4-1 CCC) on the season.
The Gulls were able to take the first to sets by close margins, edging out the Fighting Scots by scores of 25-21 and 25-23 before completing the sweep with a 25-18 final.
Endicott's offense carried them throughout, eventually posting a season-best .326 average (42-11-95) for the night which included an astounding .515 (18-1-33) performance in the third. The Gulls were able to hold the Scots to a .240 average and 34 kills in the match.
Alex Dippel (Fallston, Md.) and Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) led the attack on the pin, as Dippel hit an even .500 by recording 14 kills and just two errors on 24 swings while Mancini picked up 11 kills with just two errors on 26 attempts to hit .346 for the match, good for third among players with at least 10 attempts. Setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) guided the Gulls to their best offensive performance of the season by posting 37 assists, six digs and two kills in the win.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Endicott improved to 17-15 all-time against Gordon, as the Gulls have taken nine of the last 11 contests between the two programs, with eight of those nine wins being sweeps.
- Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, Calif.) led all players with 18 digs, while also leading the Gulls with two aces.
- Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) provided a spark in her one set played, collecting five kills on nine error-free attempts to hit .556.
FOR THE FOES
- Mackenzie Hinds (Higganum, Conn.) hit a team-best .348 in the match after totaling 11 kills on 23 swings with three errors, while also picking up eight digs.
- Amanda Snyder (San Jose, Calif.) led the team with 12 kills as she hit .294, to go with three aces and four digs.
- Jenny Curtiss (Larkspur, Colo.) finished the match with 11 digs and three assists.
Endicott travels to Babson on Saturday for a tri-match with Babson and Plymouth State. The Gulls take on Plymouth St. at 1:00 p.m. and Babson at 3:00 p.m. Gordon hosts Brandeis and UMass Dartmouth in tri-match play on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and noon, respectively.