WELLESLEY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to Wellesley, 3-0, by scores of 25-21, 25-21, and 25-19 in non-conference action on Friday night at Martore Court.
Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) paced the Gulls offensively with 11 kills alongside six digs, while Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) added 10 putaways. Alex Dippel (Fallston, Md.) also played a key role in the attack with eight kills.
Meanwhile, Wellesley picked up its 12th straight win of the season behind an offense that hit .290 or better in every set, highlighted by a .393 clip in the second set, and compiled a .330 hitting percentage for the match.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Wellesley has won the last two meetings against the Gulls, both of which occurred this season.
- Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) facilitated the attack with 32 assists. It also marks her ninth match with 30 or more assists, and seventh match in a row with at least 30 helpers.
- Mancini, Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.), and Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, Calif.) tied for the team-lead in digs with six apiece.
- Emily Diezemann (Peabody, Mass.) guided the block with four block assists.
FOR THE FOES
- Yasmine Reece (New Rochelle, N.Y.) led all student-athletes with a match-high 15 kills on 28 swings (.464).
- Lauren Gedney (Huntersville, N.C.) ranked second for the Blue with 13 putaways on 23 attempts (.391).
- Michelle Li (Scarsdale, N.Y.) ran the offense with a match-high 33 assists, just one more than Gifford's output.
- Defensively, Samantha Hoang (Elk Grove, Calif.) put together a match-high 19 digs to go along with three assists and three service aces.
- As a team, Wellesley registered two block solos and 14 block assists (two block errors, nine blocks total).
Endicott (12-9) hosts WPI and Tufts in a tri-match tomorrow at MacDonald Gymnasium. The Gulls will take on WPI at 12 PM and Tufts at 4:30 PM, while WPI and Tufts will clash in non-conference action at approximately 2:00 PM. Wellesley (14-3) hosts MIT next Tuesday, October 17 in a league match at 7 PM.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)