DUDLEY, Mass. - Behind a career-high .556 average from freshman Meghan Frederick (Sunapee, N.H.), the Endicott women's volleyball team swept Nichols 3-0 (25-9, 25-19, 25-20) to improve to 16-9 overall, and 7-1 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) play.
The Gulls took the first set 25-9 after hitting .231 with 11 kills and limiting Nichols to just three kills while holding the Bison to a -.080 average. Endicott then took the second and third sets by closer margins of 25-19 and 25-20, while still posting 10 and 14 kills offensively in the two sets.
Frederick's .556 average came from six kills on nine swings with just one error. She rounded out her performance with two digs, two assists and one assist block. Sophomore Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) tied for the match-high with her seven kill effort while also chipping in a career-high 11 digs. Tying her with 11 digs for the match-high mark was Nichole Trudon (Coventry, Conn.), while senior libero Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, Calif.) finished with nine digs in just two sets of play.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Endicott improved to 2-0 all-time against Nichols while today's victory was the first in Dudley, Mass. for the Gulls.
- Middles Araya Lessard (Cromwell, Conn.) and Nicole Winkler (Southborough, Mass.) combined to hit .429 in the match, with Lessard posting a 5-1-8 (.500) line, Winkler finishing with a 3-0-4 (.750) line in one set of action, and Boltromiejuk posting a 4-2-9 (.222) line.
- Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) recorded five kills and five digs in her one set played as the junior now has 334 kills on the season.
- Setters Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.), Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.), and Emma Jutras (Cranston, R.I.) combined for 25 assists, seven digs and three aces in the win.
FOR THE FOES
- Megan Gardner (South Deerfield, Mass.) finished with seven kills to tie for the match-high mark.
- J'Ena Baker (Rockledge, Fla.) finished with eight digs and five kills, while Jayla Simmons (Rockledge, Fla.) finished with a team-best nine digs.
Endicott (16-9, 7-1 CCC) plays host to Coast Guard on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m., while Nichols (3-23, 0-7 CCC) hosts Western New England on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.