POTSDAM, N.Y. - The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to Ithaca 3-0 in the NCAA Division III Tournament on Friday to end the season with a 22-10 record overall. The Gulls, the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) champions, fell by scores of 25-17, 25-20, 25-17 to the Bombers, who received an at-large bid to the tournament.
Endicott was led by junior Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) who recorded a match-best 16 kills. The outside hit for a .233 average in the match, only commiting six hitting errors on 43 attempts while chipping in three digs and one block. Setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) finished the season with her 13th double-double, posting 22 assists with 11 digs in the setback. Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) and Emily Diezemann (Peabody, Mass.) finished with four and three kills respectively, while Lauren Sheehan (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) finished her career with two kills in the match.
Defensively, senior Cydney Pierce (Carpinteria, Calif.) picked up 18 digs to lead all student-athletes in the match, while defensive specialist Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) finished with nine, and Mareena Clotfelter (Poulsbo, Wash.) finished with six.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Mancini finished the season with 454 kills, setting the single season record at Endicott College. For the season, the outside hit .266 while picking up 208 digs.
- Pierce and Sheehan, the two seniors on the team, finish their careers with an overall record of 86-49 (.637), with a conference record of 28-6 (.824), including two CCC Semifinal appearances, and back-to-back CCC Championships to close out their careers.
- With Pierce's 18 digs today, she eclipsed the 1,500 career dig plateau, finishing with 1,504 digs for her career. That mark is good for the sixth highest career dig total in Endicott history. Sheehan finishes with 899 career kills, good for 10th on the all-time Endicott career kills list.
FOR THE FOES
- Amanda Cerruti (West Islip, N.Y.) and Katie Evans (Westerville, Ohio) both finished with nine kills and two errors, as Cerruti hit .467 while Evans finished hitting .318.
- Caitlin Floyd (Mahwah, N.J.) finished the match with 31 assists, while Tara Stilwell (Centennial, Colo.) finished with 17 digs to lead the Bombers.
Endicott ends the season with a 22-10 record overall, while Ithaca, now 22-8, advances to face the winner of the Stevens Tech. and Merchant Marine.