BEVERLY, Mass. - The Endicott women's volleyball team comes into the 2018 campaign looking to claim the program's third consecutive Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Championship. The Gulls have defeated Roger Williams for two straight season in the championship match and finished 2017 with an overall record of 22-10 while posting a 8-1 mark in CCC play.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Endicott will be led by reigning CCC Player of the Year Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.), a senior outside who garnered AVCA DIII All-New England First Team honors and was named AVCA DIII All-America Honorable Mention.
- Joining Mancini with All-Region honors was junior setter Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.), who was also named to the All-CCC First Team.
- Endicott will take on seven programs that advanced to the 2017 NCAA DIII Tournament (JWU, MIT, Tufts, UMass Boston, Wellesley, Wesleyan and Babson).
- The rematch of the last two CCC Championship matches between Endicott and Roger Williams will take place on the road on October 9 at 7 PM.
- Head coach Tim Byram enters his 19th year at the helm. Under his guidance, Endicott has won six CCC titles and has posted an overall record of 361-265 (.577), while going 130-28 (.823) in CCC play.
HIGHLIGHTED HOME GAMES
- Wellesley (8/31, 1PM)
- Colby (9/7, 6PM)
- Gordon (10/3, 7 PM)
- Babson (10/6, 3 PM)
- Bowdoin (10/12, 6 PM - Senior Night)
The Gulls start the 2018 season on Friday, August 31 when they welcome NEWMAC foe Wellesley to campus for a 1 PM first serve in the MacDonald Gymnasium.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)