BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team fell to Wheaton (Mass.), 3-0, by scores of 25-23, 25-16, and 27-25 on Thursday night at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Emma Mancini (Lynnfield, Mass.) paced all student-athletes in the match with 10 kills. Mancini also added six digs and a block assist to her stat line on the night.
Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) also notched a match-high and career-high 27 digs. It marks her third career 20-plus dig match, all of which have come this season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tonight's match featured 22 tie scores and nine lead changes.
- Set one alone featured 11 ties and four lead changes (both match-highs).
- Wheaton (Mass.) has won 11 matches in a row dating back to Sunday, September 2.
- The Lyons also leads Wellesley, 2-0, in a suspended match that was started on Tuesday, September 18 and will be made up at a later date. The match was suspended due to the floor being unplayable at Wheaton (Mass.).
- Endicott compiled their third most digs in a three-set match with 61 tonight.
- Wheaton (Mass.) is ranked No. 10 in the latest New England Women's Volleyball Association (NEWVA) poll, while Endicott is positioned No. 13.
Endicott (7-6) hosts Nichols this Saturday as part of Homecoming Weekend at 2 PM. Wheaton (12-1) welcomes Clark University and Connecticut College to its campus for a tri-match this Saturday at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)