WENHAM, Mass. – The Endicott women's volleyball team registered a 3-0 win over conference rival Gordon College by scores of 25-23, 25-12, and 25-22 on Wednesday night at the Bennett Center.
Amanda Gilbert (Hopkinton, Mass.) guided the Gulls on offense with a match-high/season-high 15 kills on 28 swings (.464).
Nicole Winkler (Southborough, Mass.) also added 10 kills on 14 attempts (.571), while Remi Quesnelle (Sunderland, Mass.) and Meghan Frederick (Sunapee, N.H.) posted five and four putaways, respectively.
Along with those highlights, Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) registered her team-leading 12th double-double of the season behind 37 assists (match-high) and 13 digs. Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) also compiled a match-high 21 digs to conclude the list of standouts for the Gulls.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Gilbert's 15 kills tied her career-high as well.
- Endicott ended Gordon's four-match winning streak tonight.
- The Gulls are 5-2 on the road this season.
- Endicott improved to 20-15 all-time against Gordon.
- The Blue and Green have won the last five matches versus the Fighting Scots, all by 3-0 scores.
- In the first set, Endicott broke a 12-12 tie with a 7-1 run (19-13) that held up the rest of the way despite Gordon's best comeback efforts, which featured scores of 20-18, 23-22, and 24-23.
- In set two, the Gulls raced out to a 16-6 lead and never looked back. Gilbert headlined the second stanza with a set-high six kills.
- Meanwhile, set three featured five ties – most notably at the 16-16 mark – before Endicott pushed ahead 19-16 and held on for the victory. Gordon used both of its timeouts late in the third set to spell the Gulls' momentum at 19-16 and 22-19, but two kills from Quesnelle and a Fighting Scots' attack error were the difference down the stretch.
Endicott (15-6, 4-0 CCC) travels to Bowdoin this Friday at 6 PM. Gordon (10-9, 2-3 CCC) visits Smith College this Friday at 5 PM.
(Photo Credit - Nick Grace '20)