BEVERLY, Mass. – The top-seeded Endicott women's volleyball team (21-7) is set to host to fourth-seeded Salve Regina (14-14) on Thursday night at 7 PM in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament semifinal round. Here is a preview of Thursday's contest.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Gulls edged out the Seahawks at home during the regular season 3-0, improving their record against Salve Regina to 22-4 all-time.
- The Gulls defeated Western New England 3-1 on Saturday to wrap up the regular season undefeated in CCC play. The win was also the 400th at Endicott for head coach Tim Byram.
- Zoey Gifford (Natick, Mass.) and Mackenzie Kennedy (Andover, Mass.) were named Player and Libero of the Year, respectively, for the second time in their careers.
- Endicott comes into the match at the top offensive team in CCC play, hitting .274 as a team, while Salve is fourth in league play, hitting .170.
- Endicott has advanced to the CCC semifinals for the 19th straight year as the last time the Gulls didn't make it out of the quarterfinals was in 2000.
The winner of Thursday's match will advance to the championship on Saturday, November 9, with time and location to be determined after play on Wednesday night.