BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 13/14 nationally ranked Endicott men's ice hockey team set a program record for goals with a 12-2 league victory over Becker College on Friday night at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Endicott's 12-goal game against the Hawks broke the previous school record of 11 goals versus Curry set on December 1, 2016.
All told, Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Thomas Daniels (St. Louis, Mo.), Jack Musil (Hull, England), Luke Rodgers (Clarkston, Mich.), Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.), Connor Costello (Nottingham, N.H.), Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.), John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.), and Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.) all found the back of the net for the Gulls. Olsson, Musil, and Rodgers all scored two goals apiece, while Horwitz (1g, 2a), Costello (1g, 2a), Carricato (1g, 2a), and Nicholas Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.) – three assists – all compiled multi-point nights in the win.
Meanwhile, Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) who also had an assist in the game posted 21 saves to improve to 2-1-0 on the year.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott dished out a program record 21 assists, and also had a program record 33 points.
- Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) won a game-high 11 faceoffs.
- Olsson's second tally of the season just 28-seconds into the contest marks the fastest goal scored in program history. The previous program record was 1:00 minute against Suffolk on February, 20, 2017 (Jason Kalinowski).
FOR THE FOES
- Trey McMillen (Grapevine, Texas) and Corey Schafer (Johnstown, Pa.) scored for the Hawks in the first (5:15) and second (8:17) periods, respectively.
- Charles Costello (Philadelphia, Pa.), Brian Greene (Barnstead, N.H.), John Dutney (Hudson, Mass.), and Austin Siering (Dover, N.H.) all had assists in the contest.
- Ryan Clifford (Coventry, R.I.) stopped a game-high 33 shots.
- Grant Martens (Bloomington, Minn.) was credited with the loss (2-2-0, 10 saves, 11:56 T.O.I.)
No. 13/14 Endicott (3-1-0, 3-0-0 CCC) visits Becker (2-2-1, 1-2-0 CCC) tomorrow at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)