MILTON, Mass. – The No. 11/12 nationally ranked Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Curry College, 4-2, on Friday night in a league matchup at Max Ulin Rink.
Endicott received two goals from Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.) and solo tallies via Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) and Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.) to extend its winning streak to five straight games. The Gulls jumped out to a 2-0 lead behind Kucerovy (5:20) and Bowes (13:50) in the first period before Kucerovy (17:23) and Bleck (2:09) found the back of the net in the second and third periods, respectively, to squash any chance of a comeback bid from the Colonels.
Meanwhile, in goal, Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) stopped 16 shots to bump his record to 3-1-0 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 4-1-0 against Curry in the all-time series.
- The Gulls have won the last four meetings behind a combined 27-9 score.
- John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.), Bowes, and Jake Simons (Coral Springs, Fla.) tied for the team-high in faceoff wins with eight apiece.
- Simons had two assists, while Bump Lisk (Lawrenceville, N.J.), Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Bowes, Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.), and Anthony Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.) all dished out helpers too.
FOR THE FOES
- Mack Heisinger (Winnipeg, Manitoba) cut into the deficit at 2-1 just 33-seconds into the second period with his second goal of the season.
- Jarret Kup (Rosseau, Ontario) made it 4-2 with his second tally of the year at 17:49 of the third.
- Frank Cundiff (Oceanside, N.Y.) had 31 saves in the loss (2-3-1).
No. 11/12 Endicott (5-1-0, 5-0-0 CCC) hosts Curry (3-3-1, 2-2-1) tomorrow at Raymond J. Bourque Arena at 4 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)