PAWTUCKET, R.I. — The No. 5/6 Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Johnson & Wales University (JWU), 8-0, in conference action on Saturday night at Lynch Arena.
Tied 0-0 after the first period of play, the Gulls exploded for six goals in the second period and never looked back.
Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.) and Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) led Endicott with a pair of goals each, while Bump Lisk (Lawrenceville, N.J.), Anthony Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.), John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.), and Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.) lit the lamp as well in the win.
Meanwhile, Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) made 18 saves in goal for the Gulls to improve to 6-1-0 on the season. It also marks his third career shutout in 10 games played.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Olsson's five assist night ranks tied for first all-time in a single-game with Tommy Besinger (Milton, Mass.) who did so against Salve Regina on January 28, 2017
- Endicott is 7-0-0 in the all-time series against JWU.
- The Gulls have outscored the Wildcats 32-11 in the all-time series (two shutouts).
FOR THE FOES
- Mike Rockwell (Poughquag, N.Y.) stopped 35 shots in the loss (4-8-0, 53:37 TOI).
- The Wildcats are now 2-3 at home this season.
No. 5/6 Endicott (11-1-0, 10-0-0 CCC) hosts Salem State University on Tuesday, December 12 at 7 PM. JWU (4-10-0, 3-7-0 CCC) hosts Stonehill College on Saturday, January 6 at 7:05 PM.
(Photo Credit - Lauren Piotte)