HARRISVILLE, R.I. — The No. 2/2 Endicott men's ice hockey fell to Nichols College, 6-1, on Friday night in conference action at Levy Rink.
Nichols surged out to a four-goal lead in the first period and never let up the rest of the way to hand Endicott its first Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) loss of the season (14-2-2, 10-1-0 CCC).
J.B. Baker (Columbia, Md.) highlighted the victory for the Bison with a five-point night as the sophomore forward potted two goals and dished out three assists.
The Gulls broke up Nichols' shutout bid at the 4:07 mark of the third when Jack Kilty (Medway, Mass.) collected a pass in the left face-off circle, skated towards the slot, and beat Colin Brennan (Chester, N.J.) with a low shot for his eighth of the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Nichols holds a 3-2-0 advantage in the all-time series against Endicott.
- The Bison have won five straight games and are undefeated at home this season (7-0-2).
- Jack Musil (Hull, England) and Carter Horwitz (Tustin, Calif.) picked up assists on Kilty's tally. It was Musil's eighth helper of the year, and Horwitz's 10th assist of the season.
- Justin Ketola (Esko, Minn.) had 26 saves in the loss (6-1-2).
FOR THE FOES
- Matthew Menta (Lima, Pa), Baker, Vincent Crivello (Rosemere, Quebec), and Scott Cuthrell (Waterford, Mich.) all scored in the first period, with the last two markers coming on the power play.
- Nicholas Mangone (Massapequa, N.Y.) buried the lone goal in the second period at 11:55, while Baker completed his five-point night with his second tally of the game at 8:47 on the power play.
- Brennan finished with 28 saves in the win (7-3-2).
No. 2/2 Endicott (14-2-2, 10-1-0 CCC) hosts Nichols (11-5-2, 6-3-2 CCC) in a rematch tomorrow at 5:15 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)