BOSTON, Mass. — The No. 9/10 Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Suffolk University, 7-3, on Friday night in a conference matchup at the Emmons Horrigan O'Neil Rink.
Endicott raced out to a 4-1 lead after one period of play behind a pair of goals from Lloyd Hayes (West Newbury, Mass.), and solo tallies via Cam Bleck (Lake Forrest, Ill.) and Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.) and never looked back.
The Gulls added three more goals over the final two periods to close out the victory.
Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) stopped 18 shots to improve to 9-1-0 on the season. Meanwhile, Michael Levine (Clarendon Hill, Ill.) made 28 saves in the loss (8-8-2).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Bleck's goal - which came 16-seconds into the contest - marks the fastest goal scored in program history. The previous program record was 28-seconds set by Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.) against Becker on November 10, 2017 (W, 12-2).
- The Gulls also saw Olsson score once in the second, and Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.) and Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta) both find the back of the net in the third.
- Endicott is 8-2-1 on the road this season.
FOR THE FOES
- Mikhail Bryan (Dayton, Ohio), Jack Kelly (Arlington, Mass.), and Matt Bucher (Cromwell, Conn.) scored for the Rams.
- Will Ribas (Westwood, Mass.) had three saves in 7:30 of action off the bench.
No. 9/10 Endicott (16-4-2, 12-3-0 CCC) hosts Suffolk University (8-11-2, 5-9-1 CCC) tomorrow at 3 PM to complete the home-and-home series with the Rams.
The Gulls will also honor five of their seniors tomorrow - Connor Costello (Nottingham, N.H.), Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.), Connor Frazier (Reading, Mass.), Jack Musil (Hull, England), and Anthony Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.) - with a pre-game ceremony at center ice.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)