BEVERLY, Mass. — The No. 9/10 Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated Suffolk University, 6-1, on Saturday afternoon in Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Six different student-athletes scored for Endicott throughout the game. Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) opened the scoring at the 8:27 mark of the first period to give the Gulls a 1-0 lead.
Brian Brooks (Canton, Mass.) found the back of the net just under four minutes later to tie the game at 1-1.
Endicott would go on to score five unanswered goals in the second and third periods to secure the victory. The Gulls saw goals from Ross Olsson (Billerica, Mass.), Cam Bleck (Lake Forest, Ill.), John Carricato (Ridge, N.Y.), Logan Day (Seminole, Fla.), and Connor Frazier (Reading, Mass.).
Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) improved to 10-1-0 on the season and made 16 saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jason Kalinowski (Stamford, Conn.) earned three assists during the game, while Day and Bowes each had two. Michael Heidkamp (Marietta, Ga.), Nicholas Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.), Daniel Kucerovy (Bethel Park, Pa.), Olsson, and Frazier all added one assist each.
- Endicott held a 48-17 shot advantage.
- The Gulls won the faceoff matchup, 43-29.
- Olsson had a team-high seven shots.
- Endicott now leads the all-time series with Suffolk, 6-0-1.
- Prior to the start of the game, the Gulls honored five seniors - Connor Costello (Nottingham, N.H.), Jack Musil (Hull, England), Anthony Petrella (Hilton, N.Y.), Day and Frazier - for their contributions to the team.
FOR THE FOES
- Joe Vingi (Narraganset, R.I.) and Mikhail Bryan (Dayton, Ohio) earned assists on Brooks' tally.
- Michael Levine (Clarendon Hill, Ill.) shifted to 8-9-2 and recorded 42 saves.
- Bryan led the team in shots with four.
No. 9/10 Endicott (17-4-2, 13-3-0 CCC) travels to the University of New England for a 7 PM contest on Friday, Feb. 9. Suffolk University (8-12-2, 5-10-1 CCC) travels to Johnson & Wales (R.I.) on Thursday, Feb. 8 for a 6:55 PM game.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)