BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's ice hockey team defeated No. 15 Nichols College, 6-2, on Saturday afternoon at the Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Both teams saw a flurry of goals in the second period as Carballo and Tommy Besinger (Milton, Mass.) found the back of the net for the Gulls and J.B. Baker (Columbia, Md.) and Justin Perron (Thetford Mines, Quebec) scored for the Bison.
Endicott continued the offensive firepower in the third period with a short-handed goal from Josh Bowes (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) and an empty-netter from Lloyd Hayes (West Newbury, Mass.) to secure the 6-2 victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The all-time series between Endicott and Nichols is now tied up at 4-4-0.
- Mark Specia (Ringwood, N.J.) improved to 2-0 for the Gulls with 36 saves.
- Brett Epp (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) (2-1) recorded 27 saves for the Bison.
- Nichols held a 38-33 shot advantage throughout the contest.
- Bowes led the Endicott offense with one goal and three assists.
- The Gulls saw 10 student-athletes earn at least one point during the contest.
Endicott (3-1-1, 3-1-0 CCC) hosts No. 6/7 Salve Regina at 7 PM on Friday, November 16. No. 15 Nichols (3-1-0, 3-1-0 CCC) travels to Becker on Thursday, November 15 for a 4:15 PM contest.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)