SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — The Endicott men's lacrosse team fell to Springfield College, 8-7, in double overtime on Sunday afternoon at Stagg Field in a tightly contested non-conference matchup.
Trailing 7-6 with 30-seconds remaining in the game, Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.) eventually forced the overtime session for the Gulls when he buried the equalizer with 12-seconds to play.
Both teams had quality scoring chances in overtime, but Springfield junior attackman Jack Vail (Franklin, Mass.) notched the game-winner at the 1:23 mark of the second OT session on a feed from Anthony Sullivan (Westfield, Mass.) to hand the Pride their third straight victory.
Endicott goalie Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) stopped a career-high 12 shots in the loss - including two in overtime. Meanwhile, Jake Reynolds (Scituate, Mass.) earned the win (4-2) with 10 saves (also two in OT).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Arcadipane paced the Gulls offensively via two goals and two assists for four total points (all career-highs).
- Will Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) had two goals and one assist, while Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.), Matthew Faucher (Western Springs, Ill.) and Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) all found the back of the net once as well.
- Endicott led 6-3 at the 13:00 mark of the fourth quarter on a Sutherland tally (set up by Clark).
- Springfield scored four unanswered goals from 9:42-4:21 before Arcadipane evened up the contest with 12-ticks remaining on the scoreboard.
- Despite the loss, Endicott holds an 8-6 advantage in the all-time series against Springfield dating back to 2002.
FOR THE FOES
- Springfield is 3-0 all-time against Endicott in overtime (No. 15 Springfield, 13-12 (2 OT), 3/19/14 | Springfield, 12-11 (OT), 3/19/16 | Springfield, 8-7 (2 OT), 3/18/18).
- Duncan Preston (South Portland, Maine) and Vail tied for the team-high in goals with two apiece.
- Sullivan tied for the game-high in caused turnovers with four in addition to his game-winning assist.
- Prior to today's win, Springfield previously defeated No. 6 Cortland, 15-11, on March 15.
Endicott (0-4) hosts Amherst on Wednesday, March 21 at 7 PM. Springfield (4-2) welcomes Western New England University to its campus next Saturday at 2:30 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)