BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott men's lacrosse team raced out to a 7-0 lead at halftime and never looked back in an eventual 10-3 conference win over the University of New England on Sunday evening at Hempstead Stadium.
Ben Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.) was the difference maker for the Gulls as the sophomore attack netted a career-high four goals and dished out one assist for a game-high five points, also a career-high. Endicott also received solo tallies from Chris Reilly (Westwood, Mass.), Andrew Soucy (Andover, Mass.), Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.), Elijah Bard (Agawam, Mass.), A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.), and Nick Sturgess (Hampstead, N.H.) in the win.
On the defensive end, the Gulls did not allow a goal until the 12:05 mark of the third quarter and held UNE to a season-low three goals. It also marks the lowest total Endicott has given up this season as well.
James Loughran (Cos Cob, Conn.) spearheaded the defensive unit with game-highs/career-highs in caused turnovers (5) and ground balls (7). Meanwhile, Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) stopped 11 shots in cage to improve to 5-10 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 25-2 in the all-time series against UNE.
- The Gulls held the Nor'Easters to a 1-for-5 showing on extra-man opportunities.
FOR THE FOES
- Tom Luttrell (Greenbrae, Calif.), Jacob Vaneck (Gloucester, Mass.), and Jared Hall (North Andover, Mass.) all found the back of the net for UNE.
- Tyler Nevers (Southbury, Conn.) made a game-high 16 saves.
- Matt Layton (Medford, N.Y.) was 6-for-12 at the face-off X.
Endicott (5-10, 5-2 CCC) travels to Nichols on Tuesday, April 24 at 7 PM. UNE (8-8, 3-4 CCC) visits Wentworth on Tuesday, April 24 at 7 PM.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)