SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The second-seeded Endicott men's lacrosse team fell to first-seeded Western New England University, 10-6, in the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament championship game on Friday evening at Golden Bear Stadium.
With the win, Western New England (13-6) captured its seventh CCC title in program history and also earned an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament. The Golden Bears will represent the league in the NCAA Tournament later this month. Meanwhile, Endicott sees its season come to a close at 7-11 overall.
Leading 2-1 with less than six minutes to play in the first quarter, Western New England went on a 6-0 run to distance itself from Endicott and never relinquished the lead the rest of the way.
Ben Clark (Burnt Hills, N.Y.), Nick Arcadipane (Groveland, Mass.), Teddy Hannon (Duxbury, Mass.), A.J. MacDonald (New Fairfield, Conn.), Neal Parry (Marshfield, Mass.), and Jack Sutherland (Sudbury, Mass.) all scored for the Gulls in the loss. Patrick Dean (Westhampton, N.Y.) also made nine saves in the cage on 30 shots faced.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The last six CCC titles have been decided by the Endicott / Western New England matchup.
- The Golden Bears are 4-2 in those meetings.
- Western New England is now 13-10 all-time against Endicott.
FOR THE FOES
- Jared Ward (Littleton, Mass.) paced the Golden Bears with five goals.
- Steven Kerr (Hopkinton, Mass.) stopped a game-high 10 shots (32 shots faced).
(Photo credit - David Le '10)