UNION, N.J. – The No. 14 nationally ranked Endicott men's volleyball team fell to No. 7 Stevenson, 3-2, by scores of 25-19, 25-15, 21-25, 20-25, and 10-15 on Friday night at The Clash At Kean, hosted by Kean University.
Endicott dominated the first two sets as the Gulls posted 23 kills, hit .296 and also limited Stevenson to a -.019 hitting percentage (14 errors, 20 digs, five blocks).
The Mustangs bounced back over the next three sets, however, via hitting percentages of .250, .370, and .643 to complete the comeback victory.
Despite the loss, Endicott's offense featured a season-high five student-athletes in double figures. Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) and Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) tied for the team-high in kills with 12 apiece.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Tonight's match was the first five-setter of the season for Endicott.
- Today's match also featured 15 ties and five lead changes. The bulk of those stats came in the third set (eight ties, four lead changes).
- Lipton paced all student-athletes in digs 14 to record his first double-double of the season.
- Doski dished out a career-high 32 assists. It also marked his first double-double of the season along with Lipton.
- Felicetti's 12 kills were a career-high. It broke his previous best of 11 versus Lesley on April 9, 2018.
- In the match against Lesley, Felicetti went a perfect 11-for-11 on his attempts.
No. 14 Endicott (2-1) take on No. 2 Stevens and No. 4 Kean tomorrow at 3 PM and 5 PM, respectively. No. 7 Stevenson (6-1) takes on Rivier and Hunter tomorrow at 11 AM and 3 PM to wrap up their matches in The Clash At Kean.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)