BEVERLY, Mass. – The No. 11 nationally ranked men's volleyball team defeated Nichols College, 3-0, by scores of 25-19, 25-17, and 25-19 on Thursday night in conference action at MacDonald Gymnasium.
Donovan Dey (Fairport, N.Y.) led the Gulls with a match-high 12 kills (.455) to go along with one assist, three service aces, three digs, and three block assists.
Bryn Lipton (Rockford, Ill.) also chipped in with 11 kills (.500), six digs, and four blocks (one solo, three assisted), while Gabe Felicetti (Charlestown, R.I.) and Erich Roman (Glastonbury, Conn.) hammered home eight (.889) and seven (.778) kills, respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Today's match was the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- This is the inaugural season for the Nichols men's volleyball program.
- Endicott posted a season-high 12 blocks (two solo, 20 assisted).
- The 20 assisted blocks are also a season-high, in that category.
- Tonight's match featured 11 tie scores and four lead changes.
No. 11 Endicott (10-2, 3-0 NECC) hosts No. 15 Elms and Vassar this Saturday, March 2 at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively. Nichols (6-7, 2-2 NECC) travels to Lesley on Saturday at 1:30 PM.
(Photo credit - David Le '10)