BOSTON, Mass. – The Endicott softball team traveled to Wentworth and came away with a doubleheader sweep to remain perfect in conference play. The Gulls picked up a 10-2 win during the first contest and an 8-0 win in the second.
ENDICOTT 10, WENTWORTH 2 (6 INN.)
Endicott tallied four runs in the first inning, led by a three-RBI double from Lauren Misiaszek (Londonderry, N.H.).
Wentworth responded with a run of its own in the bottom of the third inning to cut the deficit to 5-1.
Endicott added five more runs in the sixth inning, highlighted by a double from Jamie Hopgood (Warwick, R.I.), singles from Misiaszek and DeMilt, and a sacrifice fly from Adrianna Favreau (Tewksbury, Mass.).
The Leopards were able to score one more run in the bottom of the sixth but the Endicott defense finished out the frame strong to earn the 10-2 win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- DeMilt finished the contest a perfect 4-for-4 at the plate with two RBI, while Misiaszek was 2-for-3 with four RBI.
- Michaela Hamill (Lynn, Mass.) improved to 7-2 overall with the win in the circle (6 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO).
- Kayla DeMederios (South Dartmouth, Mass.) was credited with the loss in 5.1 innings pitched.
ENDICOTT 8, WENTWORTH 0
The Gulls opened the scoring in the third inning with two runs to take the early 2-0 advantage.
In the seventh inning, the Gulls tallied four runs and then went 1-2-3 in the bottom of the frame to secure the 8-0 victory and the doubleheader sweep.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Maggie Oram (Lexington, Mass.) pitched the complete game to improve to 9-1 on the season overall. She allowed just three hits while also striking out three batters.
- Aurora Wilks (Fruitport, Mich.) shifted to 2-4 on the season with the loss.
- Odermatt led the offense as she went 4-for-3 at the plate, while Peyton Atkins and Llewellyn were both 2-for-3.
- The Gulls now lead the all-time series with the Leopards, 37-0-1.
Endicott (22-4, 12-0 CCC) hosts Curry for a conference doubleheader on Friday, April 19 starting at 3 PM. Wentworth (9-16, 3-9 CCC) hosts Curry for a 3:30 PM doubleheader on Wednesday, April 17.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)