HARTFORD, Conn. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team traveled to Trinity College (Conn.) for a non-conference matchup on Friday afternoon and came away with 4-1 win.
The Gulls took a 1-0 lead at the 9:51 mark of the first period when Jacy Kuhlman (Severna Park, Md.) tallied her first career goal. Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine) stole the puck from a Bantam defender, shot the puck and then Kuhlman collected the rebound to score.
Trinity saw a one-on-one breakaway chance with six minutes remaining in the first frame, but Alyssa Peterson (Cranberry Township, Pa.) stood tall in net and made a big save to maintain the Endicott lead.
In the opening minutes of the second period, Cassidy McNeely (South Easton, Mass.) tied the game at 1-1 for the Bantams.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The series history now stands at 3-2-0, with Endicott winning the last three contests.
- Peterson recorded 31 saves to improve to 6-0-0 on the season.
- Kai-Lilly Karpman (Playa Del Ray, Calif.) got the start in net for the Bantams and made 18 stops.
- Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) and Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) were each credited with two assists for the Gulls.
- Trinity held a 32-22 shot advantage throughout the game.
Endicott (9-3-4) hosts Castleton on Tuesday, January 22 at 7 PM. Trinity (7-6-1) travels to No. 4/4 Norwich for a 1 PM game on Saturday, January 19.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)