BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team welcomed Stevenson to the Raymond J. Bourque Arena on Saturday afternoon and skated to a 6-0 victory.
Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) put the Gulls on the board just 33 seconds into the game.
The second period saw a flurry of goals from Endicott, with Ellen Carter (Burlington, Vt.), Maeve Moynihan (West Roxbury, Mass.), Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine), and Courtney Walpole (Allen, Texas) all finding the back of the net.
In the final frame, Nicole Demers (Avon, Conn.) extended the lead to 6-0 at the 10:29 mark.
Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) recorded 17 saves in net to improve to 3-2-2 on the season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Earning assists throughout the night were Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.), Madison Huber (Pittsburgh, Pa.), Tabitha Franceschini (Brick, N.J.), Meaghan Francis (Woodbridge, Conn.), Meaghan Farragher (Bridgewater, Mass.), Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada), Caroline Hughes (Andover, Mass.), and Moynihan.
- The Gulls held a 50-17 shot advantage.
- Annie Smyth-Hammond (Marstons Mills, Mass.) got the start in net and made 24 saves. Caitie Darosa (Madison, Conn.) finished out the game for the Mustangs and recorded 20 saves.
- Carter led the Endicott offense with nine shots.
- Cierra Siemasko (Fallston, Md.) and Maddy Ricci (Wilmington, Mass.) each had a team-high three shots for Stevenson.
Endicott (7-2-2) travels to the WSYB/Catamount Radio Invitational held at Castleton on Saturday, January 5 and will face Manhattanville at 4 PM. Stevenson (3-8-1) hosts Wilkes at 3 PM on Saturday, January 5.
(Photo Credit - David Le)