BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team skated to a 2-2 overtime draw against No. 4/4 Norwich University on Monday night at the Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
The Gulls struck first on a tally from Madison Huber (Pittsburgh, Pa.) to take a 1-0 lead at the 2:16 mark of the first period.
Norwich responded just over four minutes later when Amanda Conway (Methuen, Mass.) netted her 18th goal of the season to tie the game.
At 15:31 of the second period, the Cadets gained the 2-1 advantage as Jessica Piracini (Tewksbury, Mass.) found the back of the net.
With time winding down in the third period, Ashlie Jones (Billerica, Mass.) gave the Gulls the equalizer to push the contest to overtime.
Each team saw several good chances in the extra frame, but both goaltenders came up with key saves to keep the score knotted at 2-2.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The series history now stands a 0-1-1.
- Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) recorded a season-high 38 saves in net for the Gulls.
- Emily Lambert (Riverview, Mich.) made 29 stops for the Cadets.
- Earning assists on the night for Endicott were Mackenzie Mallett (York, Maine), Lauren Ferraiuolo (North Haven, Conn.), and Courtney Sullivan (North Yarmouth, Maine).
- Norwich held a 40-31 shot advantage throughout the game.
Endicott (8-3-4) travels to Trinity (Conn.) on Friday, January 18 for a 2 PM game. No. 4/4 Norwich (12-3-1) is on the road for a 6 PM contest at Salem State on January 18.
(Photo Credit - David Le '10)